Friday, February 8, 2013

Scatterdays #4 - Penniedarlings 'C'.



 C -  Schooldays - Croydon Public is one of the 13 Schools I attended as a child, I was probably only here for a few months though.  When my father went back into the Army after WW2, we moved around a great deal.  During this time he often needed to be in Sydney for another Officers Training Course so we would move back into my Grandparents home in Strathfield and I would be taken to whichever School my Aunt or Uncle were teaching at, I notched up a lot of unmemorable schools in the late 1940's early 1950's.

C - Where I live -  this had me flummoxed for a while, then I thought I'd go up to our local shops and photograph the Chemist... but it isn't called a 'Chemist', now it's called a Pharmacy!   But silly me spotted these two eating places... which I should have remembered in the first place!  Doh!

The Cooks Garden is an excellent Restaurant in the shop which was originally a Post Office.
http://www.thecooksgarden.com.au/
The Corner Cafe is pretty dreadful, the reviews online are less than positive which I'm not surprised about I don't know anyone who shops there but look at the crowd!

All these photos were taken with 'Grab' the 'Where I live' photos were taken on an Election Day hence all the people in The Corner Cafe!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely old school. The old school buildings had so much character. The tower is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete