Friday, January 18, 2013

Liz's Scatterdays R

Some great choices so far.  Here are mine. I chose the Radio as my technology. It played a huge part in our daily lives when we were kids. Every week day I'd race home from school to listen to "Blue Hills" when it was replayed at 4.45pm. Then of course the Argonauts - Phineas 34 was my name. Sunday nights we listened to the Ovalteenies. Mum loved the soaps that started at around 7.00 - I remember "When a Girl Marries" and "Coutship and Marriage". Then the series like "Night Beat" with Randy Stone, "26 Hours" with Gregory Keen and "The Creaking Door" to mention a few. Dad was a fan of "The Goon Show", "My Word" and any quiz show going.  And of course the cricket - loved the broadcasts of the tests in England. We were allowed to stay up later when they were on.

This is mr reproduction of an early mantel radio and a modern digital one - somehow the old one is more appealing.


I wracked my brains for a mammal. The rabbits are too quick for me - the dogs always see them first. I did see a rat but he too scurried away. Didn't even think about roos. Finally inspiration struck!!  Mainly because I had bee too late to put away my Christmas decprations.  So, here is Rudolph making himself useful around the garden.



Liz Needle

No comments:

Post a Comment