Friday, January 11, 2013

Scatterdays 'R'

This week the letter is 'R' and the themes are

Technology and Mammal

Technology  -  Radio is something I remember fondly from my childhood. Each night we would listen to serials like "When a Girl Marries" or "Blue Hills", comedy shows like "Mo McCackie"and 'The Goon Show", late night test matches in UK. How thrilled we were to be allowed to stay up late, my father being a fanatical cricket follower, thrilling series like Gregory Keen in '26 Hours', 'The Creaking Door" and Randy Stone in "Night Beat". Those were the days.

Here we have a reproduction of an early radio and a much more up to date digital radio. I know which one I prefer.


Mammal - there were lots to choose from, but very few I could actually photograph. The pesky little rabbit in the vegie garden just wouldn't sit still long enough and the rat that I found in the grannie flat scared me silly.  It is now disposed of.

Finally I though of my yet to be put away Christmas display and Rudolph was teh obvious choice.



Happy Scatterdays

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment