Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dy's W

My 'W' for expensive is our water tank that holds 105000 litres of water when full.  Total cost to put it up and connect it to the house was a tad over $10000 so expensive!  But we love it, we love that when it rains it goes in here and we love that we will never have a water rates bill or town water consumption bill from a city council again.   But best of all we love that having a water tank means that we use perfect, pure and wonderful rain water.
My 'W' for music is wind chimes.  This is an old photo from our Perth house, but in it you can see the most musically lovely bamboo wind chimes.  Sadly they fell to pieces a couple of years ago.  I would love to get another set for our house in the country, but I will have to place them carefully here as it is a lot windier.  I love the deep sounds of the bamboo music that these wind chimes play.

3 comments:

  1. Well at least I can look at the photos! Sigh!!!
    Now I can't even work out how to get to Blogger to write, need to get off this and get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I was actually going to say was the tank at $10000 will pay for itself in 10 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Water Tanks!! We have three but all together they don't total the volume of yours!

    ReplyDelete